Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's Gone

The tooth came out this morning. Yup. I actually did alright with it! Does this mean that I've accepted the fact that he's growing up? Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I think I have accepted that he will lose all those cute little teeth in his mouth and they will all be replaced by ones that just don't seem to fit. Yet. My personality is such that I struggle with change and as a Mom, it seems to be that much more difficult. However, as with every other situation that is new to my boys, I have to remind myself that this is their moment and it is up to me to let them discover all the wondrous things that I've long ago discovered. It's not for me to impose my feelings on them simply because I have attachment issues. It is for me to let my babies be free to experience life. I'll be here to guide them, to reassure them, to praise them and to lecture them, to build them up and give them their wings. I am a huge fan of quotes, so here's one of my favorites.... "Making the decision to have a child -- it's momentous. It is to decide forever have your heart go walking around outside your body." --Elizabeth Stone

0 comments: