Sunday, November 9, 2008

Here we go again

Good grief, I should have expected it. But I feel a little blindsided because, you see, when my oldest suddenly felt feverish to me, I think I went into some kind of shock. He has and has always had a very strong immune system. When he gets sick, it is usually quick to pass. Yesterday and today, however, he has been down and out with a very high fever, malaise, headache and sore throat. He just plain feels crummy. I actually thought that with a 7 year old, it would be easier to explain the necessity of laying low and resting. Was I wrong! It was much, much easier to have my 5 year old understand this. This round has been a whole lot more challenging. As soon as the Tylenol/Motrin combo kicks in, he seems to think that he has miraculously been healed and he can give 'er 90! Such a catch 22. Gotta give the meds to regulate the temp, but risk him burning his body out cuz he thinks he's better. Sigh. Sick kids=no sleep for them and for me. This truly sux. I worry so much about fever. I lay awake most of the night praying that the temp will stay down, constantly checking it, feeling the body, giving cool wash cloth compresses all the while praying that I don't get sick next. Who will take care of me???

1 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi Sandy...I noticed you joined the Traditions of Christmas meme...but where's you post?? Once you write your christmas post, just come back and make a new link to THAT post...I can delete the other link for you.