Saturday, December 6, 2008

Meditation in the form of Rice Pudding...Sans Raisins

Oh wow, I just finished creating a rice pudding masterpiece! I borrowed the recipe from my girlfriend, who swore that it was the pudding therapy from start to finish and boy was she right! It was hands down the best rice pudding that I have ever, ever tasted and I happen to be a huge fan of the stuff!! The 1/2 of stirring was time enough for me to slip into deep meditation. Stirring while smelling the sweet, starchy goodness put me into a trance. Who would have thought? I am so incredibly impatient and don't have it for stuff like this, typically. However, because it was rice pudding and I haven't had it in years, I wanted to get it just right! As I was stirring, I was thinking of all the incredible things that I was going to write on here about it...I should have written it down, though because as soon as I was done licking mine and my son's bowls clean, I snapped out of my trance and totally forgot all the heavenly things that this therapy pudding did to me. :(
You'll have to take my word for it, or better yet, try some yourself. I promise you won't be disappointed.
I have copied the recipe from my girlfriend, I hope you don't mind! The only thing different that I did to mine was I used my vanilla sugar grinder while it was cooking so that I could get the real vanilla deal!

Heat just over two cups of milk in the microwave until scalded.
While that is cooking, melt a tablespoon of butter and a couple of spoonfuls of white sugar in a heavy saucepan. Add 4 tablespoons Arborio rice and stir to coat. Add the milk, a splash at a time, stirring all the while. Keep the mixture at a brisk simmer. The pudding is done when the rice has absorbed enough milk to be soft and creamy. That takes at least 20-30 minutes of stirring. Add a splash of vanilla extract at the end and more sugar, if desired.

Jen, I must thank you for your amazing, incredible recipe!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww you are such a Sweetie!

(now I want to make some.)